Sunday, September 28, 2008

Workbench!


Someone mentioned needing a workbench while I was busy getting ready to mow the lawn, and I thought about it while pushing the mower back and forth over the damp and uncooperative grass. Pretty sure that I had everything that a workbench might require in the garage, I set to work after lunch, and was finished well before dinner. There are three 1x3s, a 2x3 stud, a 2'x4' piece of 3/4 plywood and a 2'x4' pegboard piece in there, plus some scraps made into shelves and cubbies. Tools will come later. My amazingly capable spouse said later that this is the sort of thing that would make a good Christmas present, but it's a bit late for that now.


And if you're wondering, why, yes, there is a lot of random wood in my garage. Isn't there in yours?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

great job. A nice workbench and less clutter in the garage - what more could you ask for.

Lucy van Pelt said...

I agree it would have made a nice Christmas present, but look how happy the nubbin is to have it now! Isn't it great to get a cool project like that done in a day?

annzy said...

There was a lot of random wood in the garage in the house that I grew up in ~which may explain yours.

Sam said...

Super cool. Now some tools, some wood & fasteners, some...

Marcela said...

I was searching for workbenches in the blogs and found yours. That's a great workbench!! That's awesome that you have the patience and skill to build one on your own. As for me, I've been working with Formaspace and really like their workbenches. I guess it's easier to buy one than to make one, haha. It would be a great present for Christmas, though...but at the same time, that just means you have other stuff you ask for!