Friday, August 17, 2007

Taking the Long View


If I haven't been to bed yet, it still counts as whatever day it was when I got up, right? (Not counting the times I've taken Provigil and found myself still awake thirty hours later.) So in some sense it's still my lovely wife's birthday. There was cake. Sadly, my present for her has been slightly delayed, but there will be a big party Saturday and hopefully it will be here by then. We will party like it's 2007.

The big hit, though, was the book of things we love about Sam. Here's my contribution:


Those twinkling blue eyes
Cool name
Infectious beaming smile
Loving Mommy
Smarter than she thinks
Tolerant of hubby foibles
Remembers the important things
Likes to snuggle up close
Humility
Blankets in front of fireplaces
Watching the Japanese drama shows
Properly ironic when called for
Ultimate quilt mastery
Always has another idea for a project
Emotionally supportive
Dares to cook new things regularly
Takes the initiative
Got a graduate degree in a year
Stays on top of the little things
Dogged about getting the best school and nanny and experiences for Max
Willing to get dirty in the garden
Bike rides through the greenbelts and around Lake Sammamish
Quick on the uptake
Compatible tastes
A good friend
Gets my obscure cultural references
Likes walks on the beach and kite flying
Never tears anyone down
Expresses displeasure gently
Writes lovely prose
Shares the tough chores
Tactful honesty
Willing to try something new and scary at least once
People just like her right away
Saves the snarky comments for a private moment
Breaks out the steely glare only rarely
Sings along to good tunes
Chooses fun vacation spots
Makes me try to be a better person
The Spiffiest

No comments: